ON JANUARY 1, 2013 THERE WAS $1.7 BILLION IN THE TIF ACCOUNTS. IT’S OUR MONEY. TAKE ACTION NOW!
- Rally in Logan Square – Sunday, August 18 at 4pm. Details here.
- TIF Town Meeting in Oak Park – Sunday, August 25th at 2pm. Details here.
- Sign our online petition directed to Mayor Rahm Emanuel. Tell him to empty the TIF accounts and send the $1.7 billion in property taxes (that’s how much was in the TIF accounts on January 1, 2012 AND on January 1, 2013 ) to the units of government that SHOULD”VE gotten that money in the first place. Sign the online petition here (and pass it on to your friends). The Chicago Sun-Times agrees.
- Sign the online petition to stop public funds from going to the proposed DePaul Stadium @
- Make an investment. Contribute $10, $25 or even $100 to help hire coders and designers, pay for organizers to deliver TIF trainings in all wards across the city. In 2012 TIFs extracted $457 MILLION from Chicago tax-payers. We are tracking that money and telling you where it came from and where it is going. Make your non tax deductible investment here.
- Join us at our new home at 114 N. Aberdeen! Co-work with us. Teach a class or workshop. Host a meeting or event. More details here.
- Give us feedback. Volunteer. If you attended a TIF forum, what was your impression – what did you learn – what would you like to do next? Feel free to heap praise on us. We’re all volunteers, after all 🙂 Would you like to help illuminate TIF projects in your ward? Would you like to organize a TIF forum or training session? Please use the form below. Here is a record of all the TIF town meetings we’ve done so far.