Fed up with the Chicago TIF scam? You can fight back. Here’s what the folks in the 46th Ward are doing to roll back the promised gift of millions of public dollars for a luxury high-rise across the street from Lincoln Park. Here is a summary of TIF activity in the 46th Ward up to 2010. Here is the presentation made in the 46th Ward TIF Illumination from April 2013. Coverage of that meeting. Contact the TIF Illumination Project.
- Sign this petition! Start one of your own!
- Background documents posted here: http://bit.ly/1lakeEm
- Coverage: Progress Illinois – Chicago Reader – Chicago Tribune – Inside Booster
- Contact the organizers: [email protected]
- Contact Alderman James Capelman: [email protected] – 773-878-4646
- Angela Spinazze kicked off a town meeting on January 3, 2014 to interrogate the proposed gift of $14 million to JDL Development for a luxury high rise across the street from Lincoln Park. Visit the organizer’s Facebook page. The event was organized by Cortez Duquette.
This is the project JDL Development wants $14 million in public dollars to help build. It’s to cost $222 million with 750 units and 26,000 square feet of commercial space. There is a PRIVATE PARK in the site plan!